“I’ve studied all my musical life, but learning is only good if you do something
constructive with it”. – Tony Williams
We accept students for drum instruction starting at age 10. We feel this is an appropriate age for beginner students to understand basic note values, counting, and groove construction. Likewise, if you are a seasoned player that may be ‘stuck’ and are looking for inspiration or corrective training in your playing, or just want to brush up on a hobby. Above all, we are here for you!
- Students may bring their own sticks to drum lessons.
- We recommended you bring a folder with inside pockets to keep lesson handouts.
- The studio is furnished with two drum sets, and practice pads.
- We teach from multiple sources including:
- Syncopation for the Modern Drummer
- The Teacher & Student Method
- The Funky 6, and video/audio source material.
Learning Tools/What to Bring: